- Past Festivals
The 2022 Snow Goose Festival of the Pacific Flyway soared to success with the Sights, Sounds, and Wonders of Birds!
Centered in Chico, California the festival expanded out to include field trips to Butte, Glenn, Tehama, Colusa and Sutter Counties. With the current challenges due to the ongoing pandemic, it was a great way for people to connect outdoors one of the safer places to be. With exceptional sunny winter days all during the festival, attendees viewed and got up close and personal with the geese, ducks, cranes, herons, egrets, ibis, swans, songbirds, and raptors in all their natural splendor.
Birding memories were made that will last a lifetime and many found a new passion like no other: Birds & Birding!
Some Highlights of the 2022 Snow Goose Festival
- NEW Snow Goose Festival Headquarters, Patrick Ranch Museum: a delightful and birdy venue.
- Record sightings of Golden Eagles, exciting sightings of Red-necked Grebe, Red-breasted Merganser, Short-eared Owl, and Northern Shrike
- Butte County Big Day field trip species count 123 (2nd best record)
- A free showing of a film by a local photographer and videographer, “Birds in Sacramento Valley’s Winter Wetlands” at the Museum of Northern California Art during the Snow Goose Festival Art Exhibition
- 15 Outstanding, Dedicated, and Generous Sponsors
- 73 California cities represented, and three from out of state: Alaska, Oregon, and Nevada
- 60 field trips were offered, most sold out!
- Most people registered for multiple trips over the 4 days.
- We had awesome volunteers who helped at Patrick Ranch (Trish, Tom, Laura, Wendy, Liz, Cassie, Cindy, Cris, Steve) and at the Art Reception (Cathy, Celeste, John, Sue).
- Staff was outstanding (Jennifer, Carla, Mary)